Come to Tereglio Italy
2-8 September 2018
Join Judith, Peter and Selma Gokcen for a week of Alexander in a beautiful hill-top village in Tuscany
The charming medieval village of Tereglio, high up in the tree-lined mountains of Northern Italy, provides the perfect setting for a week-long exploration of the Alexander Technique in movement and music.
We welcome musicians from all walks of the art, Alexander Technique teachers and trainees. If you already work with, or are interested in how to work with musicians, this event is tailored to your needs. Musicians will have ample opportunities to receive work and to play in the classes, with the possibility of chamber music readings and musical evenings.
The course teachers are also musicians and have developed specific ways to communicate the principles of the Technique, helping musicians to make the connections with practising and performing. We will explore how the Technique can undo long-standing habits in playing and singing, releasing the powerful flow of energy up along the spine and creating the freedom and ease we all look for in our playing.
Join us for:
• 4 private lessons in addition to 2 daily group sessions
• Gourmet food cooked by local chefs
• Mountain walks and starry nights
• Films, lively discussions, musical evenings
... and heavenly quiet!
For more information, go to:
Harry Buckoke, Course Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The course fee includes all classes, 4 private lessons and all evening activities for the duration of the course.
- Course Fee £400
- Course Fee and Full Board (including lunch) with shared room: £775
- Course Fee and Full Board (including lunch) with single room: £950
Lodging (double occupancy, includes all meals and transportation to/from Bagni di Lucca train station)
Lodging (single occupancy, includes all meals and transportation to/from Bagni di Lucca train station)
Flights are not included in the above prices. Nearest airport: Pisa, Italy
Additional Places for Non-Participants
If you would like to visit Tereglio whilst the course is taking place, either as an observer or partner of a participant, please note costs below:
- Shared room, full board £65 (including all meals).*
- Own room, full board £90 (including all meals)
* There are a few rooms which can accommodate participants with their spouses or partners at a reduced cost. Please contact us well in advance if you plan to attend with your partner and we will make every effort to arrange suitable accommodation for you together.